Frequently Asked Questions
Want to sell your house fast but don’t know where to start? Start here, with HomeGo’s most frequently asked questions.
HomeGo is headquartered at 5000 Riverside Drive in Irving, Texas, with local HomeGo representatives and branch offices across the country. Call (866) 507-9030 to speak with a HomeGo representative today.
Yes. HomeGo works with wholesalers looking to sell multiple homes, or investors/landlords looking to sell homes they would like to cash out of. Whether you’re looking to sell one home or multiple homes, HomeGo has purchased billions of dollars in homes and can help!
Yes. Keeping your information safe is a key pillar in our organization. We are a BBB Accredited Business with an A rating. Our website is secure and uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect your personal information.
It’s simple. Just enter the address of the home you wish to sell and click “Get Offer Now.” Then expect a call within 24 hours!
We buy houses in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas. More states coming soon!
Yes, HomeGo does buy mobile homes.
HomeGo buys residential homes, condos, duplexes, multi-tenant buildings, and townhomes in any condition!
No. Selling your house to HomeGo is entirely free. There’s no service charge, no commission, no closing costs, and no obligation to sell, even after you receive your cash offer.
In an attempt to stay in control of selling your home and avoid paying a commission, it can be tempting to consider selling your home yourself. But there are a few things you want to keep in mind. Going the “for sale by owner” route can be extremely challenging…not to mention risky.
- You’ll need to make repairs and take excellent photographs of your property to attract buyers.
- You’ll then need to ensure your home is found online by prospective buyers, then make sure your home is listed in all the right places.
- You’ll have to make yourself available for showings almost any day or time of the week. It can be inconvenient, but also dangerous. How do you know who’s walking into your home?
- It’s up to you to make sure the buyer is qualified. Do you know the difference between being pre-approved for a mortgage and being pre-qualified?
- You’ll have no representation during the home selling process.
- You’ll spend a lot of time waiting. FSBOs spend an average of 88 days on the market.
With HomeGo, you don’t have to worry about any of the above and you can STILL avoid paying real estate commissions and service fees charged by similar companies.
- You don’t have to waste time or money on repairs. A real estate agent will typically recommend that you get your home in show-ready shape before putting it on the market. That could mean buying new carpet, fixing foundation problems, repainting every room, etc. Depending on the condition of your home, rehab could take a few months and thousands of dollars. It’s almost always longer and more expensive than you first think. Plus, you’ll have to deal with strangers coming in and out of your home until the repairs are completed. At HomeGo, we buy your house as-is. You never have to waste time or money on repairs.
- You never pay commissions, closing costs, or service fees. If you sell your house the traditional way, you’ll be responsible for paying commissions, closing costs, and repairs needed to get your home show-ready. The typical commission is 6%, with closing costs averaging another 2 to 5%. If your home costs $200,000, you could expect to lose about $12,000 for commissions and another $4,000-10,000 for closing costs. Sure, there are companies out there that are similar to HomeGo, but even they charge a service fee that averages 6 to 12%. HomeGo charges absolutely no fees. Keep in mind that time is money too. There are costs to holding onto your home until you get your “highest offer” (which may not turn out to be very high after months on the market). While your house sits on the market, you have to continue paying the mortgage, paying for insurance, and covering any property taxes. Then what if the market makes a turn for the worse while you’re waiting? Go the traditional route and you can throw peace of mind out the window. At HomeGo, you get a straight deal and never have to worry about commissions, closing costs, service fees, holding costs, or market risk.
- You don’t have to deal with the uncertainty of lenders. A lender is almost always involved in a traditional home sale. They can require official inspections, appraisals, surveys, and more. Sometimes, they can require you to make additional repairs or lower the price of your home. Lenders can even pre-approve a buyer for your home and then NOT approve them later on. That’s a lot of uncertainty. At HomeGo, our process is transparent and our offers are straight. We believe the only time you should see a curveball is when you’re watching baseball, not when you’re trying to sell your home.
- You don’t have to deal with tons of unexpected showings. If you sell your home the traditional way, plan on having a parade of strangers march through your home every other day. Maybe every evening, too. Showings can happen at a moment’s notice, meaning you always have to be ready to pack up, clean up, and leave for an indeterminate period of time. Talk about being inconvenient and intrusive! With HomeGo, you keep your privacy. You never have to worry about months of inconvenient showings. There will a short, 10-minute walk-through when we present you with your on-the-spot offer. Depending on the closing schedule you choose, we may have to visit you once or twice before you move out. Even then, you’ll be in-the-know and won’t need to clean up, change, or repair anything.
- You can move as fast or as slow as you want. With a traditional home sale, you’ll probably have to juggle your closing date with the date you can move into your new home. You’ll also have to factor in when the new buyer can move in. If that’s not enough, throw in your work schedule, the kids’ school schedules, holidays, and who knows what else. You could even end up paying for two homes at once if things don’t go according to plan! At HomeGo, you can move out of your home whenever you want. You pick the date, whether it’s next week or in three months.
- You can close on your schedule. Most traditional home sales take about 45 days to close, and that’s only if everything goes perfectly. At HomeGo, you can sell your home in one day, then close in about a week or in 90 days. You can close on your schedule!
HomeGo is a quick and easy option for selling a house. From the East Coast to the West Coast, we specialize in buying homes in any condition quickly, and for cash. Our simple, hassle-free process eliminates the need for traditional services like Realtors and the exasperating listing process (though all of our field agents are licensed by your state’s real estate commission). When you want to sell your home quickly, fairly, and without stress, you want HomeGo. Thousands of satisfied homeowners have already sold their home the easy way—to HomeGo!
How It Works
Nope. You don’t have to lift a finger. (Seriously, you don’t even have to take the trash out.) We buy houses as-is. That means you don’t have to hire a contractor, pay for the carpets to be cleaned, or worry about expensive repairs. We will buy your house in the exact condition it is in right now.
That’s okay, too! We understand that every homeowner and every situation is different. We can work with any timeline you’re comfortable with. The one thing you want to keep in mind is that the market changes from month to month and season to season. Our offers can vary over time, and our initial cash offer is only valid for a limited period of time.
You bet! Call (866) 507-6030 to speak with a HomeGo representative today! We have real people standing by, ready to talk to you.
Never. HomeGo does not take a commission and we cover all closing costs. In the end, that helps us save you about 10-12% compared to a traditional listing and home sale. In some instances, this could recover a huge portion if not all of your home equity.
The escrow process begins once you accept our final cash offer. You let us know when you’d like to close and we work to make that a reality. From there, the closing process is pretty easy. We can send the closing documents and even the notary right to your home or office, so you don’t have to put a single moment of your life on hold. Once you close, the title company will send you a payout check or wire you the money.
Yes. You can take your appliances and anything else you want, just request it prior to our final offer.
A traditional home inspection takes hours. Sometimes it can take up half of your day. During this time, the home inspector will invade almost every inch of your privacy. They’ll examine your water heater, furnace, plumbing, foundation, roof, attic, crawl space, and basement. They’ll open doors, peek into every nook and cranny, look into your vents, and even turn on your faucets, heating, and air conditioning. They’ll report back to the buyer, who may then try and renegotiate the price or require that you fix certain things before closing.
A HomeGo walk-through includes NONE OF THESE THINGS. We don’t perform plumbing tests, electrical tests, or mold tests. In fact, there are no tests at all. We just want to take a look at the inside of the house and get you a straight, final offer as fast as possible.
Our walk-throughs are purely visual. We don’t open drawers, test for mold, or check your roof for leaks. We just want to take a look at the inside of the house and get you a straight, final offer as fast as possible.
Here’s how to sell your house with HomeGo. It’s easy:
- Give us your address online or over the phone.
- Schedule a 10-minute walk-through with a HomeGo representative and receive an on-the-spot offer.
- Accept our offer and consider your home sold. Close whenever you want, get your cash whenever you want!
There are no meetings with real estate attorneys or lenders, no need for home repairs, and no showings. You can complete the process in one day or three months. We work on your timeframe, whatever that may be. Press the easy button on your home sale and call (855) 225-8161 with any questions today!
The reasons are nearly endless!
- We don’t collect a buyers agent commission. You can keep both sides and there is no obligation to represent HomeGo as your buyer.
- We’re your cash buyer. As cash buyers, we can close in as little as seven days.
- We move fast, but we’re flexible. We move as fast or as slow as your client wants to go.
- We don’t require inspections. There’s no chance the property will fail inspection and no chance we’ll back out of our final offer. We make straight deals and conduct 10-minute walk-throughs.
- We turn tough clients into great referrals. We help you turn every client into a referral, especially those who are trying to sell a difficult property.
HomeGo is the easy way to sell a difficult listing. We can help with pocket listings, off-market listings, haunted homes, distressed properties, as-is listings, expired listings, and more! If you’re struggling to find a buyer for any type of property, we’re here to lend a hand. Call (855) 225-8161 and ask about our Listing Agent Program.
We look at a combination of factors, including:
- The current real estate market
- What similar homes have sold for in the area
- The level of repairs required
Our licensed HomeGo real estate agents are happy to walk you through the factors that influence your unique offer. They’ll bring with them a full and transparent market analysis to show you what similar homes in your area have recently sold for, how your home compares, and how we value your home. Go with HomeGo and you can stop worrying about how to sell your house.
HomeGo is the best choice for homeowners who want convenience, simplicity, and a 100% stress-free home sale. Some homeowners have the time and resources to go the traditional route and hire a real estate agent, and others don’t. HomeGo is here for homeowners who need to move on a flexible schedule and want to avoid the headaches that come with a traditional home sale.
The escrow process starts as soon as you sign our final cash offer. Oftentimes, we can present you with our final cash offer on the very same day you reach out to us.
We work with homeowners, real estate agents, and investors of all types. Are you sick of listing agents? Maybe you’re going through a divorce, job transfer, job loss, downsizing, or relocation. Or perhaps you’re dealing with medical bills, a death in the family, legal fees, or looking to liquidate your assets. No matter your situation, HomeGo can help you sell your home for cash quickly.
A traditional home sale takes months, and that’s only if you’re lucky. With HomeGo, you can sell your home and close in as little as seven days. We move as fast as you want to move!
You’re saving thousands of dollars by not paying a traditional commission. Commissions on home sales average 6%, says Realtor.com, but could be as high as 20% for some properties like vacant lots. That means if your home price is $200,000, you could expect to lose about $12,000 in commissions alone. Selling your home to HomeGo is completely free. No commissions, no service fees, no closing costs.
Don’t worry about it. We buy houses “as-is,” which means you don’t need to lift a finger to repair, paint, or clean anything. That rusty old car in backyard? It’s our problem now. You can even leave your extra moving boxes and packing supplies behind. HomeGo is truly the most stress-free way to sell your home when don’t have the time or energy to go the traditional route.
You bet! Remember, we work on your timeframe. You can close in as little as seven days or set your closing date a few months out if you need more time to pack and move.