Are you thinking about selling your home? You might picture a months-long process that includes costly repairs and entertaining many potential buyers.
According to Zillow, average homes sit on the market between 65 and 93 days between the first listing and the final close, but any time the market takes a turn, or during certain times of the year, this number could be drastically longer.
If you need to sell quickly because of an impending move, the need to dispose of a parent’s home, financial difficulties or any other pressing situation, you won’t want to — or can’t — wait that long.
You probably also don’t want to invest a lot of time or money in the process. How quickly do you want to sell? 60 days? A month? What about within a week?
The good news is it is possible to sell your house in seven days, and it might not be as difficult as you think. As with any sale, you’ll have to choose your selling strategy, which may include working with a traditional real estate agent, selling the home yourself or finding a high-quality cash buyer
1. Sell Your House in 7 Days the Traditional Way
Good real estate professionals should tell you almost any home can sell quickly, even if it’s not in perfect condition.
You just need to set a realistic — almost always low — price and have an effective marketing plan. Different kinds of buyers constantly scan real estate ads for bargains they can scoop up.
Some buyers may want to purchase your home for rentals or flipping. On the other hand, other buyers just want to buy a home for their own families. They’d prefer to choose their own upgrades and colors, so they’re eager to make repairs and upgrades after purchase in exchange for a lower sales price.
However, you should understand that selling a home traditionally is not a speedy process. To find success with this method, you will have to price to sell — meaning a low, below-market price tag.
Even so, you should make the most of what you have when you want a quick home sale. If you choose to list as for sale by owner (FSBO) or with a real estate agent, the same tips apply. Focus upon these two factors:
Basic Home Staging
Some good, minimal tips for rapidly staging your house include:
- Cleaning and decluttering the inside.
- Maintaining lawns and landscaping on the outside.
- Considering touching up paint and making other cosmetic repairs.
A Solid Marketing Plan
Besides making the most of your home’s appearance, essential parts of your marketing plan should include the sales price and market exposure. The preparations you have to make for your marketing plan will vary based on how you choose to sell your home. For example:
- Using a real estate agent: Ensure they have a solid marketing plan for the kind of fast sale you hope to make. Ask agents about prior experience with this sort of quick deal for a house in as-is condition. They should know how to set a price that will attract buyers and where to advertise. They may even have contacts with buyers in the market for this kind of deal.
- Selling your home yourself: Do some research about the best places to list your home for maximum attention. Make it clear that you want to sell your home or condo fast and in as-is condition, you’ve set your price accordingly and are serious about making a quick deal. You can look at recent sales and then make a realistic assessment of the value of your own home in comparison.
The bottom line? If you want to sell your home quickly, you will need to give buyers a deal they want to jump on immediately.
Light staging may help catch the attention of buyers, but there’s no time for a massive overhaul. Marketing to the masses may improve your chances of finding the right buyer, but even so, there is still no guarantee they will be willing to purchase a home within a week.
Price is the name of the game when it comes to quick sales when going the traditional route, which means you may have to settle for a lower value than your home is worth.
2. Sell to a Professional Home Buyer for Cash
Finding a buyer the traditional way is challenging and can require a lot of time and money that you do not want to spend. Even if you attract a buyer within a week, you’ll likely still need to wait for several more weeks for a closing date and, in some cases, for the buyer to finalize their financing.
The sale can still fall through during this process, forcing you to start from scratch. In other words, you might be able to sell your house in a week using traditional methods, but getting the sale to close is a whole different hurdle to clear.
It’s unlikely that you can get cash in your bank account or have the mortgage paid off in that short of a time.
You can work with a professional home buyer rather than deal with the hassle and uncertainty of listing your house on the market. These companies will buy your home with cash, regardless of its condition.
First, they’ll conduct a short walk-through to assess the property and determine a price.
In many cases, they’ll be able to give you an offer the same day. If you accept, you can start the process of selling your home to the company. Financial contingencies won’t hold up the deal since professional home buyers purchase property in cash. You can close in as little as seven days and don’t have to worry about the sale falling through or buyer uncertainty.
Many professional home buyers will purchase your home as-is, meaning you don’t have to worry about staging your home or trying to make last-minute repairs. A quality and experienced professional home buyer can see the potential in your home without you having to put in any additional effort.
Using a professional home buyer also takes the responsibility of repairs and renovations out of your hands. You won’t have to spend money to upgrade your home just to make it look good to potential buyers. The company will handle all the repairs and upgrades once you close the deal.
If you’re looking for a quick way to sell your home without the uncertainty of selling on the market, choosing a professional home buyer is an excellent alternative.
How to Pick the Right Professional Home Buyer
If you’re looking for a professional home buyer to sell your home as quickly as possible, you’ll want to choose a company you can trust to give you the best offer for your property. You should do your due diligence to ensure you’re picking the best home buying company, which includes:
- Conducting thorough research: There are many home buying companies in the market, and not all of these companies will be the right choice. Some companies lack experience or aren’t as reliable as others. You can ensure you’re making the right choice by conducting extensive research into each company. You’ll want to look at their experience to determine if you’re working for a fraudulent or unreliable company. You’ll also want to check their reviews to determine their credibility, giving you an idea of the best professional home buyer in your area.
- Vetting their reputation: The reputation of the company can tell you whether or not they’re reliable and trustworthy. You can get in touch with previous clients to learn about the efficiency of the company’s processes and if they’re worth working with. You can use different online resources, such as reviews or testimonials, to gather the necessary information about the professional home buying company.
- Checking their credentials: Some home buying companies don’t register, which can put you at risk for cons from shady or fraudulent businesses. While not all unregistered companies are frauds, it’s better to be safe than sorry for selling your home. Before you choose a company, ensure they have a registration certificate. Registered companies are secure and will give you a fair offer for your property.
- Looking for experience: An experienced house buying company will be able to offer an accurate price for your home since they have plenty of expertise in the field. You can check a company’s experience, but the internet is your best bet since you can find plenty of information online. You can look at a company’s website and check their about us page to determine how long they’ve been in business. You can also find testimonials online to give you an idea of how long they’ve been serving the community and providing a superior experience to their clients.
- Meeting in-person: As you narrow down your search, consider visiting their office in person if they have one. You’ll be able to talk with one of the staff members, learn more about the process and schedule a walk-through to get an offer on your home. Meeting with the company beforehand can help you feel secure in your decision since you’ll be able to see their process and build a rapport.
Once you’ve adequately vetted each company, you should be able to decide which company you’d like to work with. The most important thing is ensuring that the company is legitimate and will give you a fair offer on your home.
The Benefits of Working With HomeGo
HomeGo is a professional home buying company that can close the deal on your home in as little as seven days. We buy houses in any condition, including those that need a little care or a complete renovation and upgrade. When you work with us, you can experience multiple benefits, including:
- Selling homes in any condition: If you own a home that requires repairs or a complete overhaul, you won’t have to worry about spending money before selling your home. We’ll make an offer on your house as-is and handle any repairs or renovations once we close the deal. You’ll be able to sell your home much sooner than you would if you had to upgrade it to list it on the market. We’ll also purchase a wide range of homes, regardless of locations, coding issues, etc.
- No inspection requirements: If you’re selling a home on the market, you’ll have to spend time and resources on inspections which could reveal the need for repairs or costly upgrades. With HomeGo, there’s no need for a lengthy inspection process. We’ll conduct a walk-through of your home, which will only take about 30 minutes. We’ll give you a same-day offer, and you can rest assured that there a no hidden fees or need to negotiate. We’ll give you our best offer immediately so we can help you sell your home as soon as possible.
- Professional help: There are many challenges to selling a home and getting through title and escrow. We have experienced agents who can help you through these challenging situations by applying their vast real estate knowledge. Since we pay in cash, we can help you move through these challenges and close your deal quickly.
At HomeGo, we try to make the buying process as simple as possible. You can sell your home in just three steps and move to a new place in only seven days. Our three-step process involves:
- Conducting a walk-through: Once you schedule a walk-through, we’ll assess your home and explain the process in more detail. Since we’re not completing an inspection, the walk-through will only take about 30 minutes.
- Our cash offer: Once we’ve assessed your property, we can usually provide you with a same-day offer. You can trust that our offer will stay the same throughout the entire process. There are no hidden or commission fees, and we won’t lower our offer when it’s time to close.
- Closing the deal: We have plenty of experience helping clients through title and escrow, and we can even come to you so you can complete the contract from the comfort of your home. We can help you close the deal in seven days so you can get out of your home quickly and move. If you need time to pack or find a new place once the sale closes, our leaseback program allows you to stay at your home with cash in hand.
Choose HomeGo to Sell Your Home in 7 Days
With HomeGo, there’s no need to stage your home, market the property or stress over the listing price. We purchase homes in as-is condition and can provide you with a firm offer the very first day we meet.
Because we purchase homes with cash, there is no risk that financing will fall through, causing a deal in your closing. We can close on homes in as little as seven days, but there’s no rush to move out.
If you need more time, our flexible leaseback program mentioned above allows you to stay in the home with cash in hand.
Save on traditional selling expenses by selling to HomeGo because we never require upgrades or repairs, staging or marketing costs or fees, and commissions. If you want to sell your house in seven days, HomeGo is the way to go. Schedule a walk-through today to get started!