Selling Your Home with an Agent for Relocation
As you are working on relocating, you have to think about your home. No matter how long you have been there, where it is located, or its worth, you must consider how to get rid of the home and the financial requirement it comes with before you move. Relocation is about packing up and moving on, but selling your home can take time.
Should You Sell Your Home with
a Listing Agent?
The most common option in moving is to list a home for sale using a real estate agent. This could work well for you if you have the time to dedicate to this. Here are a few key things to consider before you decide to do so.
Working with a real estate agent can offer some key benefits:
1. The agent can handle all the showings and questions. That means you can move and let them handle it.
2. The agent also takes care of all aspects of the process when a contract to purchase comes in. You still make the decisions, but you can do so long distance.
3. If you choose the right provider, you will work with someone with experience in marketing and negotiations. This could lead to a better financial outcome for you.
Listing a home for sale with a traditional real estate agent does have some drawbacks to consider:
1. You’ll pay for it. In many areas, you’ll pay a fee of 6 to 8 percent of the home’s value to the real estate agent as commission for the sale. That can cut into the cash you walk away with after the sale.
2. An ineffective agent may not put the time into the process, leaving you with an offer that does not match market value or your needs.
3. Real estate agents are motivated to sell, but if you are not there, the process may be a bit slower.
Talk to a licensed HomeGo agent today.
What You Need to Know First
If you plan to list your home for sale with an agent in the typical manner, there are a few more key considerations to make.
Find out what the local average time on the market is. You can do this with a bit of research on your own or ask your agent. Is that timeframe going to be fast enough to allow you to buy a home in your new location?
To sell, you’ll need to make some updates and repairs to your home. This may make it possible to sell for a higher value, but it takes some investment on your part right now. That may not be in the budget in some cases.
HomeGo Can Help.
The biggest drawback of selling like this is the time factor and the costs associated with the use of an agent. However, they do have the knowledge and means to help you far and above trying to sell on your own from a distance.
Schedule a no-obligation home tour, or talk to a HomeGo agent today.
Fill out the form, and we will be in touch shortly.
Check out more of our information on relocation.
What if you do not want to wait for your home to sell and you’re faced with the need to relocate now? This isn’t something that’s uncommon today. Property owners find…
Relocating across the country can provide a number of benefits for property owners with some flexibility in their budget. Perhaps your move isn’t one you…
It’s time to move. You have a new job offer across the country. You want to get on the road and get started. The problem is you own your existing home. You don’t want…
When a property owner must relocate to another area, such as for a job offer, they need a solution for selling their existing home. The problem with this…
A relocation package is an opportunity for you to recoup some of the costs associated with moving, especially over a large distance. Many companies provide employees with…
Are you relocating for a job? If so, your business may be able to give you some nice incentives and tools to ensure the process goes well. Relocating is expensive, but…
People have long relocated from one side of the country to the other. In some cases, people move for work-related needs. In others, they move to get…